Applying by Mail or Drop Off
In order to improve service to American citizens abroad, the Department of State has authorized the U.S. Consulate Bermuda to accept certain passport applications by mail or drop off to the Guard building during specific hours.
In order to apply by mail or drop off the following conditions must be adhered to:
- You must have been the bearer of a passport issued within 15 years;
- You must submit your most recent U.S. passport with your new application;
- Your previous passport must have been issued subsequent to your 16th birthday; and
- If all conditions are met, you can use Form DS-82 (please disregard the instructions on the back of the application).
- Please allow approximately 2 - 3 weeks for the new passport to arrive.
- If your proposed travel date is within 2-3 weeks please submit a copy of your travel itinerary.
I. Applying for passport renewals by mail or drop off
One (1) U.S. passport photo;
A completed and signed form DS-82;
Pay the $110 application fee by bank draft made payable to the U.S. Disbursing Officer Symbol 8769 in Bermuda dollars (preferred). Please note, if you are submitting a U.S. dollar bank draft it must be drawn from a U.S. Bank;
Submit the current passport, fee, form, and photo by drop off to the Guard Building on Tuesdays or Fridays from 11 a.m.-12 p.m. or send in by registered mail to:
Attention: Passport Services
American Consulate General
P.O. Box HM 325
Hamilton, HM BX
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.