Notarial services are performed in the American Citizen Services Section and are executed before a consular officer. Notarial services are available to all U.S. passport holders and to foreign nationals with documents destined for use in the United States. Services provided include affidavits, acknowledgements, and authentications. These services may include the following: statements made under oath, powers of attorney, affidavits, acknowledgements, authentications and true copy certifications of a document.
To have a document notarized, you must complete the following:
If you are requesting a true copy, please bring the original of the document.
- If your document requires any witnesses, you must bring them with you. The consulate does not provide witnesses and the consulate cannot act as a witness. Witnesses require valid photo identification.
- Provide a valid passport or driver's license. Please note that the name on your I.D. must be written the same as on the document that you are having notarized.
- Provide the document(s) to be notarized (the entire document, not just the page to be notarized). Note: please be sure to read the entire document prior to your appointment and be aware of what you are signing.
- Pay the fee of $50 for the first signature/seal plus $50 for each additional signature/seal regardless of the number of documents. This fee is payable in cash, either U.S. or Bermudian dollars or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover, or American Express). We do not accept the Bermuda Card.
- Apply in person by booking an appointment on-line. Please select "Request notarial and other services not listed above." Note: If you have multiple documents or if you are a couple, family, or group with multiple documents you only need to book one appointment.
Notarials for Businesses
If you are signing in an official capacity on behalf of a company, you will need to present letters of incorporation in addition to the above.
If you are requesting the authentication of a local official's signature please book an appointment on-line. The fee is $50.00 per document. This fee is payable in either U.S. or Bermudian dollars or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover, or American Express).
If you require further information on notarial services, please contact the consulate.