Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Passport Renewals

First, please read: Applying for a U.S. Passport from Outside the United States. Also, do not print application double sided, one sided only please.  

Your old passport will be cancelled and returned to you unless otherwise requested during the time of your application. Please note that airlines no longer allow passengers to travel on expired or canceled passports. Please allow approximately 2 - 3 weeks for the new passport to arrive.

I. Under age 16 at the time of this application

  1. Applicants must appear in person accompanied by the parent(s);
  2. Submit the most recent passport;
  3. Submit the original or a certified copy of the birth certificate or consular report of birth;
  4. Parental Consent - Minors under age 16 cannot apply for a passport by themselves.

    Both parents/guardians must appear in person with the minor and provide consent, authorizing passport issuance to the minor. If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person, then the DS-11 application must be accompanied by a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian.

    If the minor only has one parent/guardian, evidence of sole authority to apply for the minor must be submitted with the application in the form of a:

    U.S. or foreign birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or adoption decree, listing only the applying parent
    • Court order granting sole legal custody to the applying parent (unless child’s travel is restricted by that order)
    • Court order specifically permitting applying parent’s travel with the child
    • Judicial declaration of incompetence of the non-applying parent
    • Death certificate of the non-applying parent

5. Parental identification for both parents;

6. Complete form DS-11 (please disregard instructions on form and do not sign until requested to do so by the consular officer);

7. Pay a $105 application fee;

8. Submit one (1) U.S. passport photo.

9. If the application is approved, you will receive a 5-year passport.

10. Once you have completed the above steps you may book your appointment on-line.

II. Under age 16 when last passport was issued, but over age 16 at the time of this application

  1. Applicants must appear in person;
  2. Submit the most recent passport;
  3. Complete form DS-11;
  4. Pay a $135 application fee;
  5. Submit one (1) US passport photo;
  6. If the application is approved, you will receive a 10-year passport.
  7. Once you have completed the above steps you may book your appointment on-line.

III. Over age 16 when your last passport was issued

  1. Submit the most recent passport, issued less than 15 years ago;
  2. Complete form DS-82;
  3. Pay the $110 application fee;
  4. Submit one (1) U.S. passport photo
  5. If the passport application is approved you will receive a 10-year passport.
  6. You may renew this passport application by mail/drop off or book an appointment on-line.

IV. If your current passport was issued over 15 years ago


  • If there has been a name change, you need to submit the document which shows the proof of name change e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree or other name change certificate. You must submit the official document, church documents are not acceptable.

Adobe Reader

  • Download Free
    Download Free

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.