U.S. Citizen Services
The American Citizen Services unit (ACS) of the consular section provides information and assistance to U.S. citizens in Bermuda.
Please find below a listing of the services that the American Citizen Services Section can assist you with. You must click on the service you require, follow all instructions, then book an on-line appointment (if required).
Please ensure that you have selected the correct service; in some instances we will not be able to assist you if you have booked an appointment for the incorrect service. Please note, passport forms cannot be printed double sided.
- Passport Services - first time applications, renewals, adding extra pages, lost or stolen passports and emergency passport services.
- Citizenship Services - dual nationality, renunciations, consular reports of births and death, loss of citizenship.
- Public Services - notarials, U.S. tax information/IRS, Selective Service registration, absentee voting for U.S. citizens, judical assistance.
- Emergency Services - accidents, arrests, deaths, evacuations/disasters, financial assistance, welfare & whereabouts.
- Federal Benefits - filing a claim, status of federal checks.
- Social Security Numbers - applying for social security numbers.
- Travel Information - travelling to the U.S., travelling to Bermuda, registering with the Consulate.
What the Consular Section Cannot Do
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Section cannot act as your travel agent, bank, accountant, lawyer, investigator or law enforcement agent. Please do not expect the office to find you employment, obtain residence or driving permits, act as interpreters, get you out of jail, search for missing luggage or settle disputes with hotel managers. However, the office may be able to tell you how to receive help on these and other matters.
In Case of Emergency
If you are an American citizen with an after hours life or death emergency, please call our duty phone at: (441) 335-3828.
For all other information (passports, visas etc.) please call during regular business hours: (441) 295-1342.