Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Types of Visas

What types of visas are available?

  1. Non-immigrant Visa: A non-immigrant visa is required by anyone seeking temporary admission into the United States who is not eligible to travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program or is not otherwise exempt from the visa requirement.  Non-immigrant visas cover visits for tourism, business, work, or study. For more information on Non-immigrant Visas please follow this link.
  2. Immigrant Visas: An immigrant visa is required by anyone seeking to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States. Upon entry into the United States, an immigrant visa holder is processed for a Permanent Resident Card (PRC), commonly known as a Green Card. The holder of a PRC may reside and work in the United States. There is no requirement that the holder of a PRC apply to become a naturalized U.S. citizen; he or she may retain his or her citizenship and passport. However, those seeking to become naturalized U.S. citizens may file an application after five years; the period is three years if married to a U.S. citizen. For more information on Immigrant Visas please follow this link.

For general information about visas please visit the Department of State: Visa Website.

Important Fee Information!

  • Please be advised that all fees for consular services are paid in person at the Consulate!  The only exception is the SEVIS fee for students and Exchange vistors, payable online at SEVPThe Consulate General does not have online payment relations with any service providers or websites.